Learners will be assessed on either acting or design. Learners participate in the creation, development and performance of a piece of devised theatre using either the techniques of an influential theatre practitioner or a genre, in response to a stimulus set by WJEC.
Learners must produce:
· a realisation of their piece of devised theatre
· a portfolio of supporting evidence
· an evaluation of the final performance or design.
Component 2: Performing from a Text Non-exam assessment:
externally assessed by a visiting examiner 20% of qualification
Learners will be assessed on either acting or design.
Learners study two extracts from the same performance text chosen by the centre.
Learners participate in one performance using sections of text from both extracts.
Component 3: Interpreting Theatre
Written examination: 1 hour 30 minutes 40% of qualification
Set Text A series of questions on one set text from a choice of five:
1. The Tempest, William Shakespeare
2. The Caucasian Chalk Circle, Bertolt Brecht
3. Hard to Swallow, Mark Wheeller
4. War Horse, Michael Morpurgo, adapted by Nick Stafford
5. DNA, Dennis Kelly.Section B: Live Theatre Review
One question, from a choice of two, requiring analysis and evaluation of a given aspect of a live theatre production seen during the course.