We welcome our public sector duty under the Equality Act 2010 to publish equality objectives and information. The aim for this is to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Consult and involve those affected by inequality on important decisions.
In all our activities we act in accordance with the Equality Act and our equality policy available on our school website.
As part of this we will:
- Outline how we have due regard for equality and how we promote community cohesion.
- Publish equality policy to show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities and improve what we do.
At the academy we work together to eliminate all forms of discrimination, harassment and victimisation. Progress towards meeting our equality objectives is reviewed regularly by senior leadership team and local governing body.