- If your child is absent from school you will need to call the Attendance Team 0121 289 5900 – (OPTION 1). By: 8:30am email@example.com
- If you have a medical appointment please endeavour to make these appointments before or after school. You will be required to bring proof of the appointment to the Student Services Office in advance or the following day.
- If possible do not take the whole day off for a medical appointment.
- If we are not aware of your absence, truancy call will be sent out to parents in the morning.
Remember – poor attendance and unauthorised absence can result in parents being be fined or taken to court.
Leaving school early for an appointment
- If you have to leave school early for an appointment you must bring in the appointment letter and get your parent/carer to write you a note (it can be in your planner) as to what time you need to leave school and if they are picking you up. If you are in a lesson you can then show this to your teacher.
- Students are required to sign out at the Attendance Office (student services) who will give you a signing out slip in case you or your parents are stopped by the Police. This is proof that you have the authority to be out of school and are not truanting.
- If you are late to school and arrive after the gates are locked at 8.40am but before the end of form time at 9.10am, enter through Gate 6 (by the boys gym). Here, you will sign you in and be given a late card. If you arrive to form 5 minutes after you sign in you will be given a B3.
- If you arrive after 9.10am you must enter school through Gate 1 (reception) and come directly to the attendance office to sign in. Again you will be given a card and if you arrive to lesson 5 minutes after this has been signed you will be given a B3. If there is a genuine reason why you are late ask your parents to sign your planner or give you a note or even ring in to the Attendance Team to let us know.
- If you are persistently late then a letter will be sent to your parents regularly
- If you are late, truancy call will be sent to your parents to let them know you have arrived late
BE ON THE PLAYGROUND AT 8.30 TO ENSURE YOU ARE NOT LATE
Leave in term time
If you need to request time off school for any reason, then a ‘Leave in Term Time’ Absence form should be filled in. These are obtainable from the Attendance Office or Reception. Your parents must fill this in and return to the Attendance Office for consideration by the Principal. When a decision has been made your parents will be sent a copy of the form back.